You must be wondering whom we are calling the hero. Well, we are referring to Mete. In Turkish Mete means hero, yes we know it is an interesting name but for people who haven’t used it yet, let us tell you the name justifies its reputation.
Canik has launched two new models in the Mete series such as Canik SFT Mete and SFx Mete. These model guns are the upgraded versions of TP9 Mete series guns. However, they have still kept the feature to mount a mini red dot on your Mete series guns.
Now, if we address the point that they “won’t settle for typical dots”, it is because the slide cuts and plates that come with the pistols are not designed to fit with typical Trijicon or any other sight footprints. Both of the models are specifically engineered to be used with micro red dots which have either Trijicon RMRcc footprints or Shield RMS/RMSc footprints.
We know it does sound like a hassle to find a red dot with these specifications but we’ve found it as an impressively meticulous decision. Since the guns are designed to have co-witnessing optics ready slide cuts, this gives you a great opportunity to make accurate and fast shots by installing the right mini red dots on the pistols.
So to aid in your quest, below we have added a list of factors that you should consider before buying the dots. Here, you will also find the reviews of the top 7 red dots to mount on your Canik Mete.
Reviews Of 7 Best Mini Red Dots For Canik Mete
What are some of the best red dots for Mete? That question still needs some answering, doesn’t it? Well, you have come to the right place for those answers. Without further ado, let’s get right into it.
1. Trijicon RMRcc Sight Adjustable LED Red DOt 6.5 MOA
Perfect is the word we would like to use to describe its compatibility with the Mete series guns. It ticks out every factor that we can expect from a red dot sight for these pistols. If you’re a big fan of Trijicon RMR sights, you will also love this dot as it consists of all the best features of the RMR. The only difference is, that it is a smaller version of the RMR sights. Since the company has designed this new type of sight for concealed carry guns with small footprints, it can be easily installed on the Mete guns.
The housing material of the optic is 7075-T6 Aluminum which enables it to withstand the impacts of heavy recoils. It also has a multi-coated lens to transmit maximum light through the glasses. Hence, you can get a clear vision of the targets in different light conditions.
Moreover, the sight comes with a high-capacity CR2032 Lithium battery to ensure that you can use the red dot for a long time. This battery can support you for nearly 4 years, so you can remain tension-free about changing it for a good amount of time.
Another highlighted feature of the optic is its button lock-in and lock-out system. When the lock-in button helps you to secure the manual settings, the lock-out mode makes sure the auto-brightness setting remains the same. Thus, it enables you to use the dot in hunting, target shootings, and even in competitions.
Note that this optic is also available with the 3.25 MOA reticle, so if you prefer to use small MOA dots, you can buy the product with this dot size.
- Multiple Illumination Settings: You have a total of 10 brightness settings present on this optic. It also features 2 night vision brightness settings to aid you during the night.
- Co-Witness The Greatness! In case you didn’t know, you can use this optic with your iron sight. In other words, we say witness!
- Battery Life: This optic requires you to change the battery every couple of years. If you are using it at lower brightness settings, then you can squeeze even longer battery life out of it!
2. Shield Sights Reflex Mini Sight
You can mount the optic in almost all the RMS/SMS slide guns. Therefore, without any hesitation, you can keep it in your consideration. What you will be most impressed about the product is its rugged construction.
High-quality material such as aerospace-grade Aluminum has been used to forge the housing of the optic. This makes it strong to endure heavy impacts from the recoils. It can withstand up to 10x more shock impacts than the other glass optics.
The lens has also been carefully constructed to make it user-friendly in various ways. Apart from multi-coatings, it has an additional anti-reflective coating on the lens which helps to minimize the visible signature. Besides, to keep your eyes safe, the company has avoided using any radioactive materials, laser, and colored coatings on the lens.
The optic also has an automatic brightness setting to enable you to see the target in low and high light conditions. Like the Trijicon RMRcc, it also has a high-capacity CR2032 Lithium battery which can sustain up to 4 years on average. You can find the battery in the main compartment.
Have to give to Shield for thinking out of the box. You can slide this battery out from the left side of the optic while it’s installed on the gun! I like this user-friendly design, to be honest.
- Keep It Clean: We often make the mistake of leaving the optic and the gun in open places. That means both the gun and lens will attract a lot of dust and debris. Make sure to keep it clean so that you have an optimal viewing experience all the time.
- No Additional Screws Needed! The optic comes with mounting screws. The company also offers the required screws needed to install this optic on your Mete!
- Ambidextrous Monster! This optic is equipped with an ambidextrous digital switch on both sides to help you turn on the reticle.
3. Holosun HS507k-X2 Classic Multi Reticle Red Dot Sight
Whether you are carrying the sight in long hunting treks or your practice field, it always ensures you get an equal amount of accurate and fast target acquisition in all terrains. Like most other high-quality sights, this one also comes with a multi-coated lens and a long-lasting Lithium battery.
But it is its Shake Awake system that stands out in the crowd. Because of this technology, the LED of the sight can be automatically turned on when it senses some motion. It will also automatically turn off when it doesn’t sense any movement for a while. As a result, the energy of the battery doesn’t unnecessarily waste and its condition also remains in good shape for a long time.
Besides, the 10-level manual brightness setting and the 2-night mode setting, enable you to have a clear image of the targets in all lighting environments. In addition to that, the lock mode of the dot will prevent any unintentional changes in the brightness setting when the optic is holstered.
So, if you like to have full manual control over the brightness adjustment, this red dot optic is just for you!
- Battery For Life! The battery life of this optic is quite insane. Rated for 50k hours, you can easily squeeze out 3-4 years of battery life out of one single battery! Do keep in mind this rating is applicable for lower brightness settings.
- Right Time To Tighten The Optic? The right time to re-tighten this optic on your Mete would be after 2000 shots. While the sight will still hold zero after 2000 shots, it’s recommended to reseat the sight properly and see if all the spacing is correct. This will ensure a longer service life for your optic.
- Manual For The Win! Holosun HS507K-X2 features manual brightness setting buttons. It also features manual windage and elevation settings present on the optic to ensure top-tier accuracy for your Mete.
4. Vortex Optics Viper Red Dot Sight
Looking for a premium red dot sight to elevate your shooting experience? Vortex Viper is the thing you are looking for! This tiny sight has a perfect height to sit on your gun with an adapter plate. You will need the adapter plate due to Viper following Docter/Noblex footprint compared to RMSc that Canik does.
Unfortunately, it will increase the height a little bit and make it hard for you to co-witness with the weapon. If you are going for the Viper, you will have to sacrifice co-witness and rely on the solid performance provided by the Viper!
While the fully multi-coated lens will have a clear field of view, the Armortek coatings on the lens will protect it from oil, dirt, and scratches. Moreover, the O-ring seals prevent the penetration of different outer elements like moisture, dust, and debris in the sight.
Additionally, it comes with a 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments so that the dot can also move with your aiming point.
However, the optic doesn’t come with an automatic brightness setting, it only has a 10-level manual brightness setting, making it a desirable option for Mete users who like to control the brightness manually.
- Venom Or Viper? There has been an ongoing debate between Vortex Viper Vs Venom red dot optics. Both of them are great choices for the Mete. But in my opinion, I would choose the Venom due to its lower height and faster target acquisition. It also offers great versatility as a self-defense optic.
- Built Like A Tank! It’s no surprise to anyone that Vortex made an optic that can last in war-like conditions. After all, they are known for giving their all in their optics! Venom has a rugged chassis suitable for harsh environments.
- Ease Of Acess: The battery replacement and the installation process, above all, the brightness setting and easy-to-swap out coordinations for windage and elevation, make it an easy-to-use optic for beginners as well.
5. Swampfox Sentinel Micro Reflex Red Dot
It has all the necessary features we see in a high-quality red dot. To begin with, it is crafted from CNC machined 7075-T6 Aluminum and it can be practically mounted on all slimline slides with RMSc footprints.
It is highly compatible to use with your SFT Mete or SFx Mete.
This micro red dot also comes with a CR2032 battery which can support the optic for nearly 2 years. However, we know many of you may not like to use a small MOA dot for short-range shooting, but it doesn’t work badly to make a precise aim on the target in short distances. So, I believe it won’t be a big problem for you to shoot in the low range.
Now what I would like to highlight about the product is the features such as Sentinel-M (manual), Sentinel-A (automatic) brightness settings, and the Shake ‘N Wake technology. The Sentinel-M system offers you ten manually adjustable brightness settings which enables you to control the brightness level as you want.
When your Sentinel-M remains idle for 4 minutes, the Shake ‘N Wake system starts to save the battery energy to ensure good battery health for a longer time. It can also resume the previous brightness setting as soon as it senses the motion of the sight.
On the other hand, the Sentinel-A setting includes a photosensitive sensor to help the dot adjust its intensity according to the light condition you’re in. Hence, it can be a good deal for you, if you are looking for sights that have the right balance of important features.
- Manual Vs Automatic: The choice is yours! Depending on what kind of features entice you, choose the right variant.
- A Fusion Of Metal And Glass! While most other companies go for plastic bodies and polymer lenses for similar products, Swampfox went for 7075-T6 aluminum and a fully multi-coated glass lens.
- Red Pill Or Green Pill? I know the real reference was a blue pill, but this doesn’t have a blue reticle. You have to choose from the red or green reticles. Choose whichever one you are comfortable with. –
6. Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight
This reflex sight comes with a low-profile mount to enable you to install it on small-footprint pistols. It features sturdy Aluminum housing along with a steel protective shield so that it can withstand any heavy impacts or recoils.
If we look at the battery, it has a CR1632 battery that can support the sight for up to 30,000 hours. What is interesting about the optic is, that even though it comes with an average-quality battery, it can last for quite a good amount of time.
How? The sight can be automatically shut off when it remains inactive for around 12 hours and it helps to prolong the battery life.
Oh! Before moving on, let me tell you, like the Sentinel, this one also has 3 MOA dots so small dot lovers, you can consider it as another viable option for your gun.
In addition, the optic has a 10-level brightness system and 2-night vision modes to make sure that you can adjust the brightness in all lighting conditions. Besides, the M-Spec has an ambidextrous digital switch so that both left and right-handed shooters can easily turn on/off the sight.
- Something For Both Hands! Just like how Mete is compatible with both right-handed and left-handed users, this optic is also compatible with ambidextrous users.
- Accessories Galore! YOu will find quite a few accessories included with the optic. You will find a quick-release mount for hunting application weapons. That does include shotguns. It also comes with a riser for AR.
- Open Your Eyes! You can use both of your eyes to shoot the weapon with the help of this sight.
7. Sig Sauer Romeo Zero Micro Reflex Sight
The Romeo Zero can be directly installed on the slides which have standard Shield RMSc footprints. Hence, you can easily mount the sight on your Mete guns.
Additionally, the 6 MOA dot will make sure you get as accurate and quick shots as possible, especially when you are aiming for short-range targets.
It comes with weapons-grade Ultralite Polymer-made housing and SpectraCoat HD Polymer Lens to ensure it can endure any strong impacts or recoils of the guns. This optic is also offered with a CR1632 Lithium battery to power up the red dot for a long time.
Moreover, the reflex sight has an 8-level manual brightness adjustment system to give you full control over the brightness setting of the dot. The MOTAC system of the sight helps to sense the motion of the red dot to quickly turn on or off the illumination system.
- Easy To Mount: You will find the related mounting screws included to install this on your Mete.
- Daylight Monster! You will find manual brightness settings on this optic. It doesn’t have any auto-adjusting brightness setting present.
- Looks Can Be Deceiving! The optic may not look like “well-built” at first glance. But it is quite well built. Despite having a polymer exterior, the optic is rugged and lightweight. It also can last a long time on your Mete.
Buying Guide For The Best Red Dot For Canik Mete
The good thing is you don’t have to check many factors while purchasing the dots. Whether you are looking for reflex sights for your full-sized SFx Mete gun or the sub-compact SFT Mete gun, just ask the following questions about the products. It will lead you to your right red dot sight.
What footprint does the red dot have?
It is the first and foremost important factor that you need to ensure when you buy a red dot for the Mete series guns. As we have mentioned above, since the pistols are designed to have Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint sights, you must purchase dots with one of these footprints. Otherwise, you won’t be able to install the sight on the gun.
If you want to install other footprint sights on your optic, then you will need to rely on adapters. That will harm the chances of you co-witnessing the optic with your stock ironsight.
Which materials are used to construct the sights?
In case you don’t know, these guns are manufactured to use as heavy-duty guns and hence they tend to produce heavy recoils as well. Therefore, it is essential to know what type of materials are used to construct the sights. Make sure they are made of strong materials like Aluminum so that they can withstand heavy impacts from the shootings.
Does the dot come with a high-capacity battery?
It would be a total waste of money if you ended up buying red dots with poor-quality batteries. Because they won’t serve you long and you will always need replacing them. So, try to look for sights that have high-capacity batteries to support you in all shooting environments.
What is the dot size of the sight?
The dot size is measured with the MOA unit. The micro red dots are available in different MOA such as 2 MOA, 6 MOA, 8 MOA, and so on. You can choose the sights with your preferred dot size.
However, as the Mete series is normally used for short-range shooting practice, we recommend you go for larger MOA dots. The smaller MOA dots will also work well for you, especially if your astigmatism is in good condition.
To sum up, the Mete series has created a new standard of sub-compact and full-size guns. But what enhances its popularity more is the feature of co-witnessing optics slide cuts to mount micro red dots for fast and precise shots of the targets.
I know searching for the right red dot for your Canik Mete is not the easiest task on the planet, but if you know what you are looking for in your red dot and how much you are willing to spend for it, you can easily find the right one suitable for your shooting endeavors.
That’s all for now, I hope to see you again on the next one, till then take care and have fun!
Sights: 44 Magnum | Ak Ultimak | Benelli M4 | Beretta APX | Beretta 92FS | Beretta NEOS | Browning Buckmark | Canik TP9 Elite SC | Canik TP9SFX | CX4 Storm | FN 509 Tactical | FNX 45 Tactical | Galil ACE | Glock MOS | Hellcat | H&K MP5 | H&K VP9 | Kel-Tec Sub 2000 | Kel-Tec KSG | Kriss Vector | Micro Roni | PS90 | Ruger 57 | Ruger Mark III | Ruger Mark IV | Ruger PC Carbine | Scorpion Evo | Sig MPX | Sig P320 | Sig P365 XL | Stribog | S&W Victory | Tavor X95 | Walther PDP
Hi, I’m Brent Hansford. A writer turned hunter & now sharing my love for the sport through writing. As I practically breathe weapons, I firmly believe I’m capable of providing you with new knowledge about firearms and hunting. My mission is to help more people get better at hunting & master the weapons. Let me help with unleashing the beast within you!