HK91’s are semi-automatic rifles based on the famous HK41. HK41 is a sacred item in the USA as it was banned from further importing since 1989.
While the reason of changing the name from HK41 to HK91 is still a mystery. The gun itself isn’t that mysterious. It’s a good semi-automatic rifle that can be used for hunting. But to make this gun capable of hunting, you will need a good scope to mount on top of it.
To mount the scope, you will need HK91 Scope mount. Those are widely available in different vendors store. We are not going to talk about HK91 mounts but we are talking about some of the best scopes available for HK91.
Best Scope For HK91 – [Editor’s Picks]
- 90% LIGHT TRANSMISSION: Higher definition glass produces 90% to-the-eye light transmission, great low-light performance and excellent target resolution across the entire magnification range.
- ZEISS T* COATING: Guaranteed brilliant, high-contrast images, particularly in adverse light conditions and twilight. The coating is tuned to each lens individually for maximum clarity.
- A CLEAR VIEW IN ANY WEATHER: There are always exciting things to be seen in the world of nature, even in wet weather. ZEISS developed LotuTec as a coating for binoculars and scopes that enables a clear and unhindered view in all weather conditions.
- Model #170690 - VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm with Boone & Crockett reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- DiamondCoat 2 - Ion-assist lens coating for higher light transmission and the greatest level of abrasion resistance
- BATTERY-FREE ILLUMINATION: Features a tritium/fiber optic illuminated reticle that automatically adjusts the brightness based on available light
- RUGGED ALUMINUM-ALLOY HOUSING: Forged 7075-T6 aircraft-aluminum-alloy housing provides for a nearly indestructible sighting system
- “BOTH EYES OPEN” DESIGN: The ACOG can be used as a CQB sight when shooting “both eyes open,” utilizing the Bindon Aiming Concept
1. Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16X44 Rifle Scope
What better way to start the review with a banger? That’s right, let’s start with a Zeiss. Zeiss doesn’t need a new introduction. They are known for high-end scopes. Conquest V4 is nothing different either. It’s one of the best available scope in this budget range.
Made out of aircraft-grade aluminum, it’s made out of pure class. Well, I am not exaggerating. It’s made really well and anodization is on point as well. The finish however is not entirely matte. It does have a glossy hue. If anything, that adds a bit of character to the scope.
The lenses used here are fully multi-coated. They have been tested thoroughly and Zeiss made sure they are up to the mark. Glass etched reticle performs excellently well. To be honest, these are some of the best lenses you will ever use. They are premium for a reason.
All in all, this is an excellent HK91 scope. It supports more guns than HK91 actually. If you want to upgrade or change guns down the line, you can keep the Conquest.
Does this support night vision?
Unfortunately, no. It doesn’t support night vision. It’s a daylight using scope attached with high quality lenses. Those lenses can perform well under low light. But they won’t perform under no light.
How is the battery life on this sight?
Battery life on this scope is insanely good. With one battery you can go for a year or more worth of hunting. Keeping in extras are always a good practice. But you won’t need them anytime soon.
2. Leupold VX-3I 4.5-14X40 Rifle Scope
Leupold doesn’t need an introduction. Not anymore. They are known from their great works. All of their scopes are really well received by the community. They are good for the money as well. VX-3i is no different. It’s also one of the most loved scope in the market right now.
While this beautiful scope won’t support HK91 by default, you can easily change that by buying scope mounts for HK91.
Made from durable aluminum, VX-3i has an anodized matte black finish with slight gold accents. Not going to lie, those accents are everything. They look so good! It’s amazing!
This scope is available in 3 different reticles. Choose whichever suits your style. All of them are etched directly on to the glass. They won’t move around from falls or anything.
Lenses here are fully multi-coated for optimal performance. They are water and fog proof as well. On top of that, it can survive against scratch to some degree.
Will this support HK91?
With the right mounts, it will support any guns. You can even install it on top of a sniper rifle.
Does VX-3i have HD glass?
Unfortunately, it doesn’t feature a pair of HD glass. But the glass used here is quite good as well. With the coatings and everything, it performs quite good.
3. Trijicon ACOG 3.5X35 Rifle Scope
Trijicon ACOG has been the go-to scope for semi-automatic rifle owners for decades now. Trijicon made a scope so good! It still goes head to head against modern scopes.
ACOG id made out of aluminum and inside is nitrogen purged. The outside of the ACOG is quite bulky and noticeable. The magnification of this however is fixed at 3.5x. Thus making it more popular among tactical shooters instead of hunters.
ACOG has been used by the militaries and by private security firm workers as well. It’s a great scope that has the potential to serve you for another decade or so.
The lenses used here are fully multi-coated. They are bright and clear. While not being from HD or ED glass, they still perform solid under low-light conditions. Reticle is clear as well. It won’t be going anywhere.
Is this the real ACOG or some companies trying to screw us over?
This is the REAL ACOG made by Trijicon themselves. The one you use with your real guns. Not for airsoft guns. Rest assured, it’s as real as it can get.
Is this a good choice for hk91?
Why wouldn’t it be? People still looks for the real ACOG to have a taste of what the military uses. Once you get a taste of it, there is no going back.
HK91 is a great gun. It has a great history to it. I can understand you want to make it more viable with a scope. That’s why I bought you this. These are some of the best scope for Hk91 you can buy right now. They are good for other guns as well. But we don’t talk about other guns.
A HK91, some HK91 scope mounts and one of these scope is all you need to go back to doing your thing.
Scopes:- 17 HMR | 17 WSM | 204 Ruger | 224 Valkyrie | 22 Magnum | 243 Winchester | 257 Weatherby | 270 Winchester | 3 Gun | 300 PRC | 338 Lapua | 350 Legend | 375 HH | 44 Magnum | 450 Bushmaster | 50 BMG | 6.5 Creedmoor | 6.5 Grendel | 6.8 SPC | 7.62.39 | Benjamin Marauder | Henry H001 | M1a | Marlin 336 | Marlin 795 | Marlin Model 60 | MK12 | Ruger Gunsite Scout | Ruger Mini 14 | Ruger Mini 30 | Savage 220 | Scar 20S | Sig 716