Last Updated on
You guys might have heard of both TenPoint and Wicked Ridge before. Some of you guys are probably aware that TenPoint makes crossbow scopes, crossbow, etc. Wicked Ridge Invader x4 is one of them –
WICKED RIDGE INVADER COMPARISON TABLE
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
WICKED RIDGE INVADER X4 REVIEW: FEATURES AND BENEFITS
WICKED RIDGE INVADER X4 SPECS
- Length: 36.5”
- Speed:360 fps
- Weight: 6.3 lbs.
- Power: 112 fp. Ke.
- Power Stroke: 13.5”
- Includes AcuDraw 50 cocking device
- Axle to Axle (cocked/uncocked): 15”/19”
- Invader X4 Crossbow Package – AcuDraw 50
- Speed inspired 4S cams for firing arrows up to 360 fps
- Multi-Line Scope for increased accuracy at extended ranges
- Extreme lightweight design with an overall weight of 6.3 lbs.
- 15 inches axle to axle width for improved maneuverability on stand
Wicked Ridge is a proud American brand. You guys are well aware of the fact of how proud American hunters are. To satisfy their need you must make top-notch stuff. With that hope in mind, we started this review. Right from the bat, they didn’t disappoint with the build quality.
You can demonstrate the build quality by dividing it into 4 parts-
- X-core stock: It’s an open-back design. Open-back designs always have low-weight compared to closed-back ones. The open-back design also allows you to easily install an ACUdraw or ACUdraw 50 with a quick install adapter.
- Fully-integrated pass-thru-foregrip that provides protection and comfort. It’s totally necessary for long usage.
- Ergonomic pistol grip trigger gives you the feeling that you are holding a well-made machinery. It didn’t feel like a cheap toy or bad pulling time at all.
- Built-in Picatinny rail. You can mount your favorite accessories on top of it easily.
In case you didn’t read through the whole paragraph to summarize, it has an excellent build quality that doesn’t feel cheap at all. You are getting what you are paying for.
Some of you guys might already have seen the crossbow and its similarities with TenPoint Dry Fire Inhibitor. 3.5-pound trigger, ACUdraw, and ACUdraw 50 docking support.
We mentioned that the Invader X4 comes with a scope pre-mounted on the Picatinny rail. Yes, the scope is swappable. But you are paying a good amount of money for the crossbow aren’t you a bit interested in the scope?
Of course, you are. That’s why we are here.
The scope is 3x magnification. It’s not variable it’s fixed at 3x. The length of the scope is 7 inches. Perfect considering the size and weight of this crossbow.
While we didn’t find any accurate weight value of the scope but we can assure you that the scope almost puts no extra weight on the crossbow. The scope is fully-coated.
The exterior is also coated matte black. We love matte black and you guys know it. The lenses are also fully-coated. The scope features a three duplex crosshairs calibrated for 20, 30, and 40 yards. The package includes a 7/8 inches mounting ring.
CROSSBOW SCOPE REVIEWS
Weighing only 6.3 pounds the Invader X4 is incredibly light. We found it pretty comfortable and easy to hold in hand. The trigger mechanism feels like a handgun a pistol to be exact.
The stock is one size that feets the all. A reference to Lord of the rings perhaps?
There is a groove in the pistol grip it makes the experience even more pleasant. The foregrip is slotted in such a way that it offers more comfort to hunters and more secure to hold. It virtually ensures that your fingers are always safe.
TENPOINT 3-ARROW INSTANT DETACH QUIVER AND 3 PACK ALUMINIUM
The packaging includes both of the mentioned products. The quiver only weighs at 4.75 ounces. Which is like nothing at all. The quiver has an ultra-durable spine.
The flexible rubber loop allows you to hang it silently while in your treestand.
The XX75 magnum 2219 Easton 20 inch aluminum arrow is fletched slightly offset with AAE EP-40 elite plastifletch 3 7/8″ vanes.
WICKED RIDGE INVADER X4 REVIEW: CONCLUSION
The crossbow is pretty great. For around 500$ it delivers every promise it makes. The shooting experience is great, aiming with the scope is decent.
The clarity of the scope impressed me I wasn’t hoping much from this scope. The Picatinny rail gives you a vast opportunity to change the scope or add other accessories.
If you are on the market for a crossbow even if it doesn’t fit your budget you should try to increase your budget and pick this little beauty up.
It’s lightweight, compact, and provides excellent performance.