It’s hard to think that you are getting an entire scope for less than $100. Where a Lego set costs more than this. I bet your child has a toy that is far more expensive than this.
The thing is, not everyone of us needs a super expensive scope. If a $100 scope gets the job done, why would want to spend more? I know that thought very well. I won’t force you to buy a much more expensive scope if you don’t want to. But if you want to, we got them as well.
How did they manage to make spotting scopes for that low of a budget? Let alone making them good. If they weren’t good, we wouldn’t be talking about them here. If your budget is higher than $100, make sure to check our other budget specific reviews.
Let’s not get distracted. Moving on to the topic in hand. What can we expect from a $100? Very good question. Let’s find out.
What To Look For In A Scope Under $100?
When you are buying a scope under 100 dollars, you really can’t expect much from it. You need to keep your expectations in check. That doesn’t mean you can’t expect some good stuff.
Build Quality. All of the scopes in this budget range will be made out of plastic. Depending on the model, the material might vary. Some will have good quality plastic while the others will have bad quality plastic housing with lots of squeaking all around. You should look for a scope that has decent build quality.
Lens Quality. While you won’t get absolute beast quality lens in this price-range. You will still get good lenses that gets the job done. They are decent at their job and most of the time will be multi-coated. Multi-coating is not bad by any means. They won’t be as good as fully-coated lenses of course. But it still doesn’t hurt to get a good pair of lenses.
Best Spotting Scope Under $100 – Our Top List!
1. Roxant Blackbird 12-36X50mm Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 12 – 36x; Objective Lens: 50 mm; Eye Relief: Unknown; Exit Pupil: 4.1 – 1.4 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 170 – 85 ft; Length: 9.3 Inches; Weight: 17.28 Oz.
Roxant Blackbird spotting scope is the first one on today’s list. This package includes a foldable tripod, carrying case and lens cap and a 45 degree angled 36 x magnification eyepiece.
The angled eyepiece is good for digiscoping and long-term hunting. Roxant used BaK4 prism inside the scope. BaK4 is an inexpensive good set of prism for binoculars and spotting scopes.
There is no official rating of the inside of the scope. So, if I were you, I would keep it away from cold. You can use it under light rain. It is waterproof. But not entirely fog proof.
The lenses are fully multi-coated. Fully multi-coated lenses with BaK4 prism makes a good combination. The objective lens is also a huge 50mm. With that big of a lens, you get a field of view for days.
The scope is, however, made out of plastic. There is a rubber armor coating around it to protect from drops. I don’t expect an aluminum build at this range.
It’s a best spotting scope under 100 to start digiscoping or birdwatching with. It’s not expensive, built fairly well, performs well under broad daylight. What more do you need in that price tag?
- WE’RE BASED IN THE U.S. AND WE OFFER A LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - We’re A Small Family Company Based in Southern California. We Only Sell Products We Use Ourselves. We Completely Stand Behind Our Blackbird Scope. If You Have Any Questions or...
- HIGH DEFINITION MILITARY GRADE OPTICS - Optical Glass With Superior BAK4 Prism and Fully Multi Coated All Glass Lens which guarantees superior light transmission and brightness for optimal crystal clear viewing even for law enforcement applications. Our...
- WEATHERPROOF RUBBER ARMOR CONSTRUCTION - Rugged Non-Slip With A LARGE, "Smooth Glide" Textured Focus Ring ON the main barrel, (NOT a tiny separate knob above) + No Slip Comfort Molded Grip. Special Features - Extendable/Retractable Eyepiece For Use WITH...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Compact Precision Spotting Scope With ZOOM 12-36x50 (Includes Premium Portable, Foldable, Handled Tripod and Carrying Case and Lens Caps) 45 Degree Angled Eyepiece Allows Practical Comfortable Viewing
- PERFECT FOR NATURE - Wildlife, Outdoor Activities, Stargazing, Vacations, Hunting, Survival Training, Target Shooting, Bird Watching, Hiking, Camping, etc. Powerful Enough To Be Useful, Portable Enough To Be Convenient.
2. Emarth 20-60X60 AE Angled Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 19.5 – 18 mm; Exit Pupil: 3.25 – 1.1 mm; Angular FOV: 2.35 – 1.2°; Length: 16.9 Inches; Weight: 81.6 Oz.
Emarth looks a lot like Vortex spotting scopes. But we are not here to compare looks. Emarth is a 20-60×60 spotting scope. That means the angled eyepiece has a maximum of 60x magnification. With that high magnification, you can hunt or shoot from miles away.
Once again we see the presence of BaK4 prism. The glasses involved in the scope and prism are fully multi-coated. Enhancing their capabilities and making the scope overall a better one. Unlike Roxant, Emarth mentions the inside of their scope is nitrogen purged. That means, not only the scope is waterproof. It’s also completely fogproof.
In case you didn’t notice, there is a focus wheel right above the mounting plate. Using that you can utilize the dual focus function. You can focus on an object and what’s behind that with the help of that knob.
The included tripod is one of the best I saw in a cheap spotting scope. The versatility of that tripod is quite high. It isn’t cheaply made either.
This scope is good for both digiscoping and hunting. For regular birdwatching, you don’t need to buy a phone mount. But if you are into digiscoping, you need to buy a universal phone mount separately.
The package provides an insane value. Even the sales number in Amazon speaks volumes of their capabilities. It’s a best affordable spotting scope I must say.
- ✅【High Magnification】This spotting scope features a powerful zoom magnification range that adjustable 20x to 60x magnification,45 degree angled eyepiece ergonomic design allows more comfortable viewing. Field-of-view is 39-19m/1000m, brings nature...
- ✅【Fully Multi-coated Lens】The lens are all fully multi-coated and features BAK4 roof prism to increases light transmission and delivers bright, clear, high-contrast images even in low-light conditions. For long range viewing, a dual focus wheel...
- ✅【Durable Construction】High-quality rubber armor provides non-slip grip, shock-proof grip and durable external protection. Built-in retractable sunshade reduces glare, come with tripod allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position,...
- ✅【Waterproof Fogproof 】The waterproof spotting scope provides exceptional performance in the most rugged conditions. the spotter scope optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope,...
- ✅【Emarth VIP Customer Service】 - Emarth offers lifetime VIP customer service for our customers, you are welcome to contact us if any problem with our optics products, our special line service will work hard to put a smile back on your face
3. Barska 20-60X60 Straight Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 14.5 – 11.2 mm; Exit Pupil: 3 – 1 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 106.5 – 46.9; Close Focus: 26 ft; Prism: Bak-4.
Barska 20-60×60 is the first straight eyepiece scope on today’s list. Barska is not a new name in the game. They are making quality products for years now. This spotting scope from Barska is one of the best spotting scopes under 100.
The plastic build does not have any rubber armor coating around it. But it does have a matte black finish. You guys know I am weak towards matte black. Anyway, even though the build is plastic. Barska managed to make the scope 100% water and fogproof.
This is not a huge scope. For a 60x scope, this is fairly compact and lightweight. The focus control of the scope is on the right side of the scope’s body. The magnification ring is on the eyepiece itself.
For easier transport, Barska includes a soft carrying case. The tripod is not the best but not the worst either. It’s somewhere in between. It’s okay if you don’t try any fancy angles with it. Other than this, for the scope, I don’t have any complaints.
The fully multi-coated lenses gather enough light for a good session of birding and hunting. It’s a good scope and deserves all the love it’s getting.
- 20x-60x zoom magnification
- 100 percent waterproof and fogproof
- Smooth focusing knob
- Fully-coated optics
- Includes pan-head tripod and soft carrying case
4. Huicocy 20-60X60mm Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 16 – 13 mm; Exit Pupil: 4 – 1.3 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 131 – 66 ft; Focusing Method: Central Focus; Weight: 600G.
A lot of these cheap spotting scopes are from emerging brands. Even though Huicocy is making spotting scopes for over 15 years. I don’t know how many of you heard of them. Huicocy 20-60×60 is an angled spotting scope.
The body of the scope is made out of plastic. But it does have a rubber armor coating all over it. The plastic build is not cheap or bad. The build is strong enough to hold together after some drops. This scope is also water and fogproof.
The lenses of this scope are fully multi-coated. Without fully multi-coating, you won’t get the full potential of a scope. That’s why I am okay with manufacturers going cheap on body materials.
If the lens of a spotting scope is not good, how are you supposed to use that?
This scope comes with a free tripod and a phone mount. If you were looking for a best budget spotting scope! This is what you came for. You don’t need to buy a phone mount separately. For such a low price Huicocy is providing an excellent spotting scope. A well-rounded package.
- 20x to 60x POWERFUL MAGNIFICATION - This HD spotting scopes provides a powerful zoom magnification which can be continuously zoomed from 20x to 60x, making it easy to narrow the distance between you and the target. The 45° angled eyepiece offers a more...
- WIDE VIEW RANGE WITH FOGPROOF DESIGN - The Fully Multi-coated 60 mm Green Film objective lens not only ensure the light-gathering ability and resolution, but also provide a wide field of view of 131-66 ft/1000 yards. The fogproof and waterproof design of...
- BAK4 HIGH-TRANSMITTING PRISM - BAK4 has a finer texture and high refractive index, which can get brighter images and make the surrounding image clearer. Compared to BAK7, Huicocy's BAK4 prism telescope can provide you with a more comfortable sense of...
- COMPLETE ACCESSORIES - The spotting scopes come with a tripod, phone adapter, cleaning cloth, carry bag, eyepiece and objective lens protective cover. The scope’s screw base is a standard 1/4-20 taped hole which is universal of most floor tripod. The...
- ANTI-SKID RUBBER ARMOR STRUCTURE - The high-quality rubber armor structure provides effective non-slip grip, just need one hand to hold it; the main barrel has a large "Smooth Glide" texture focusing ring + non-slip comfortable molded grip; retractable...
5. Celestron 52322 12-36X60 Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 12 – 36x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 18 – 14 mm; Exit Pupil: Unknown; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 157 – 84; Eyecap: Padded; Lens Coatings: Fully Coated.
Celestron is a legendary spotting scope maker. They are making scopes for decades. Their prisms are so good that even NASA used them many times.
Celestron Landscout is the ultimate budget offering from them. Let’s be real, Celestron always made sure their scope prices are low priced. Ladnscout costs just $75.
For $75 you are getting a fully decked out spotting scope. The whole scope has a rubber armor coating over it. The mounting plate is also different than the others. Landscout has a 360° rotating mounting belt.
You can use the scope at any angle after attaching the included tripod. That’s right, you will get a free tripod with this scope. It’s a trend among them I guess.
The lenses of this scope are fully multi-coated. The focus dial knob is located on the left side of the scope. The included tripod is quite good. I didn’t expect it to be this good. But I am glad that it was. You just add a phone mount, and this becomes an unbeatable package at this price.
- Fully Coated Optics: Increased light transmission for bright, sharp images
- Compact, Lightweight: Portable and packable, so you can take it on any excursion out in the field or on the range
- Rotating tripod mount: Place the orientation of the eyepiece in the best viewing position for application
- 12-36x Zoom Eyepiece: Adjustable magnification - wide field of view for general viewing or detailed up-close viewing when needed. Rubber grip for easy magnification adjustment
- Large focus wheel with rubber grip: Easily focus on the subject, even when wearing gloves
6. Gosky 20-60X60mm HD Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 16 – 13 mm; Exit Pupil: 4 – 1.3 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 110 – 50 ft; Focus Method: Central Focus; Weight: 750G.
Gosky is not a new name in the industry. If you have read our past best spotting scope reviews, you know we already featured quite a few products from Gosky.
This time Gosky is offering a budget 60x for you guys to grab. This 20-60x spotting scope comes with a 60mm objective lens. Inside the scope, you will find a BaK4 prism. But hey, don’t go on and operate on a freaking scope now.
I am just telling you this for your information. Anyway, the BaK4 prism glass and other lenses are fully multi-coated.
Gosky will give you a tripod and a phone mount for free. It’s a complete package for beginner digiscoper. You can easily rotate the scope on the tripod. The belt is rotatable. The sunshade is also retractable.
The 20-60x eyepiece provides all the magnification you may ever need. With the help of fully multi-coated lenses and BaK4 prism, you will take excellent pictures.
I am genuinely impressed by this under 100$ spotting scope. It’s honestly baffling to me how is this so cheap. If the body was made out of more durable thermoplastic or even aluminum I am sure Gosky could sell this for $250 or more.
- 【POWERFUL MAGNIFICATION】: Adjustable powerful 20-60x zoom magnification allows you to lock onto your target and zoom in for more detail. Perfect for target shooting, archery, hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, hiking, camping, scenery, outdoor...
- 【FULLY MULTI-COATED LENS】: Fully multi-coated 60mm green film objective lens provides a field of view at 50-110ft/1000 yards. The quality BAK4 Porro prism optics increases light transmission, delivers bright, clear, high-contrast images even in...
- 【DURABLE CONSTRUCTION】: Durable framework and high-quality rubber armor provide non-slip grip, shock-proof grip and durable external protection, which enables the scope to withstand the toughest weather conditions. The eyepiece shield can be stretched...
- 【WATERPROOF DESIGN】: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the scope for reliable performance in all environments. Nitrogen gas purging delivers further waterproof performance
- 【FULL RANGE OF ACCESSORIES】: A smartphone digiscoping adapter included enables you to take photos and videos of what you have observed. Bring the nature closer to you and you can explore the distant world easily through the phone screen. A tripod...
7. Amcrest 20-60X60mm Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: Unknown; Exit Pupil: 3.2 – 1.1 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 36 – 19m; Close Focus: 23 ft; Twilight Factor: 30.
Amcrest Spotting Scope is mainly targeted towards target shooters. I don’t understand why they are targeting that niche. I mean they include a free universal phone mount. With that, you can digiscope for days. But sadly no tripods here.
The weight of this is not that much. You can easily carry it around.
I still suggest slapping a tripod around that bad boy. Instead of the more popular Bak4 Prism, Amcrest went for BK7 prism. That one is good too.
It’s a good thing Amcrest used fully multi-coated lenses. Otherwise, it wouldn’t perform half as good as it does. The field of view is also quite wide. That’s why I was telling you guys, this is an excellent choice for birding and digiscoping.
I can understand why they wanted to grab the target shooter’s attention. The range on this spotter is insane. It will help you spot the target from miles away. That’s a great advantage for any target shooter. There isn’t any reticle on this spotting scope, but you have your riflescope for that.
- 60mm Objective Lens, cover more ground with robust zoom magnification range that’s adjustable 20x - 60x magnification. Field-of-view 36-19m/1000m perfect for for bird watching, travel, stargazing, astronomical observation, hunting, spotting scopes for...
- Fully Multi Coated Lens and features BK7 Porro Prism for a higher refractive index rate, and brighter edges in the field of view to deliver quality images, experience rich depth of field and enhanced quality with the Porro Prism System.
- The Amcrest spotting scope for target shooting comes with a metal tripod stand with adjustable feet and a universal smartphone adapter for digiscoping which enables you to take high quality photos and videos of what you’re observing. The included...
- High-quality IPX6 Weatherproof Housing provides durable external protections. Built-in retractable sun shade reduces glare.
- Package includes 1x Amcrest Spotting Scope, 1x Tripod (standard 1/4"-20 tripod thread), 1x Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter, 1x Carrying Case, 1x Lens Cleaning Cloth and 1x Quick Start Guide.
8. FEEMIC 20-60X60 Waterproof Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eyepiece Diameter: 24 mm; Exit Pupil: Unknown; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 47 – 23.5 mm; Focusing Method: Central Focus; Prism: Bak4.
Upgrade 20-60×60 is a spotting scope from a brand called Feemic. Like most other scopes on the list today, this one also uses the BaK4 prism.
This is the upgraded version of the original Feemic 20-60×60 spotting scope. That’s why they even included Upgrade in their name.
There are many upgrades available on this one over the previous one. Such as the dual focus system. Yes, you get a knob that has two moving rings. Using each you can focus more efficiently and faster.
The eyepiece and eye relief are also adjustable. On top of that, the sunshade is extendable. The inside of the scope is I believe nitrogen purged. Even in a slight cold, I didn’t notice any fogging issues.
The lenses are fully multi-coated. That’s good. You can take good quality pictures in broad daylight. Another cool fact about this spotting scope is, I believe this is the only white spotting scope on today’s list. If you like how they look and the skin texture. Then I am sure you will fall in love with this one.
- 【Fully Multi-coated Lens】60mm Fully multi-coated GREEN FILM objective lens and high quality Porro BAK4 prism increases light transmission,prevent stray light from entering the lens also can eliminate haze, making your view brighter and delivering...
- 【Large Eyepiece and High Magnification】 Upgrade HD 24mm big eyepiece (different from others 20mm） can help you enjoy the magnification from 20x to 60x. Field-of-view is 47-23.5M/1000M,perfect for target shooting, hunting, bird watching wildlife,...
- 【Double Focus Wheels】New design coaxial two-speed focusing wheel , Fast focusing wheel helps you lock the target quickly,Slow focusing wheel zooms in on the target and gets more detail. Compared with other single focus wheels, it allows you to capture...
- 【High Quality Material】 The shock-absorbing rubber armor for maximum protection. Optical ANTI-SHAKE design allows you to observe clear images more stably. Nitrogen-filled WATERPROOF and ANTI-FOG, O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from...
- 【Reliable Customer Service】Come with adjustable tripod and a carry bag, it allows for any viewing position. If you have any questions, please contact us by email, we will reply you in 24 hours.
9. Kalawen 20-60X60 HD Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eyepiece Diameter: 20 mm; Exit Pupil: Unknown; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 120 – 57 ft; Prism: Bak4; Best For: Target Shooting.
It’s like the theme of today’s post. If you don’t have 20-60×60 we are not featuring you. Just kidding, the first one on the list wasn’t a 60x scope.
Anyway, this scope from Kalawen also uses Bak4 prism to capture pictures. With the help of fully multi-coated HD glasses, Kalawen produces some of the best pictures in this range.
The contrast and color accuracy are on point. It will be a good choice for hunting, birding, and digiscoping.
Fortunately, you don’t need to spend a penny extra to get into digiscoping. Kalawen will give you a universal phone mount and a tripod for free with this scope.
When you magnify at 60x the corners of the eyepiece tend to show a bit of distortion. That’s expected. The broad field of view is not affected by that at all. For 60$, you shouldn’t expect more to be honest.
- 🏆【Bak4 and Fully Multi-coated Lens】60mm FMC objective lens coating and high quality BAK4 prism increases light transmission,prevent stray light from entering the lens also can eliminate haze, making your view brighter and delivering crisp images.
- 🏆【Large Eyepiece and High Magnification】 Upgrade HD 20mm big eyepiece (different from others 18mm） can help you enjoy the magnification from 20x to 60x. Field-of-view is 57-120Ft/1000Yds, perfect for target shooting, hunting, bird watching...
- 🏆【High Quality Material】 The shock-absorbing advanced rubber armor provides maximum protection while being extremely lightweight. Nitrogen-filled waterproof, optical anti-shake and anti-fog design, easily respond to various humid environments.
- 🏆【Tripod & Portable bag】: A tripod provides you a more stable observation from any angles. A carry case, eyepiece and lens protection covers, cleaning cloth make you more convenient to carry and maintain.
- 🏆【 One-on-one Customer Service for Risk-free Purchase】: We guaranty professional and friendly one-on-one customer service. If you have any questions with your binoculars, please feel free to contact us and we will help you solve all questions...
10. Barska Colorado 20-60X60 Spotting Scope
Specifications | Magnification: 20 – 60x; Objective Lens: 60 mm; Eye Relief: 18.1 – 15.2 mm; Exit Pupil: 3 – 1 mm; Linear FOV @1000 yds: 91 – 45 ft; Close Focus: 7m; Weight: 30 Oz.
The last scope on today’s list is from Barska. Barska Colorado is the second straight eyepiece scope on today’s list. If you are looking for a cheap straight eyepiece spotting scope. This is probably the one you were waiting for.
The eyepiece is capable of magnifying at 60x of zoom. More than enough for any kind of activity. The plastic body has a rubber armor coating all over it. It makes the body more durable and scratch-resistant.
Instead of using the common BaK4 prism, Barska went for the BK7 prism. This is the second scope that is using BK7 prism today. The prism glasses and the lenses are fully multi-coated.
For steady viewing and easy carrying, Barska provides a soft carrying case and a tripod. The tripod seemed quite sturdy. It held the scope just fine. But you can’t bend it to any angle you wish.
For Less than $80, I am content with what Barska provided me.
- Precision Optics: The spotter features powerful and versatile 20-60x magnification that allows easy targeting and then zoom in for a closer and detailed look.
- Quality Optics: The spotting scope comes with BK-7 prism, fully-coated optics, and 60mm objective lenses, bringing you bright and crystal clear views.
- Solid Construction: The spotting scope is waterproof, fogproof, shockproof, and has a straight body design for convenient using.
- Tabletop Tripod: The integrated tripod mount fits standard tripod mounting screws, and the included tripod ensures steady viewing in any situation.
- Compact & Portable: The compact spotter comes with a carrying soft case for convenience storage and transport.
Frequently ASKED Questions
Why Are They So Cheap?
That’s a very good question. I won’t go into the details how the company acquires their material and how the build process goes. But what I can mention is they cut cost in many places. The most obvious place to cut corner is the focus wheel and build quality.
Are Spotting Scope Under $100 Worth It?
They get the job done and won’t break after a couple of times of usage. In my book, that counts as worth it for $100. Jokes aside, they are more than decent. They actually magnify a lot and is pretty clear as well. I know it’s quite hard to believe. But they use actual prism inside the scope. As $100 Scope! Man they are more than worth it.
Can You Do Digiscoping With $100 Spotting Scope?
Yes, you can certainly do that. But they won’t be super good at capturing those. If digiscoping is your main priority, then you should increase the budget a bit and get something even better.
best spotting scope under £100: Conclusion
It gave me a hard time to find them. But I am glad I did that. I learned a lot about so many scopes by reviewing them. I hope you did too. If you have any further questions left, don’t forget to ask them down in the comments.
Like always, thanks for reading. Till next time keep chasing.