Hello there, welcome to birds review. Today’s bird is called the hummingbird. Haha, sorry if I threw you off guard. No, we are not reviewing any birds here. but Celestron Hummingbird 9-27x56mm ED micro spotting scope.
CELESTRON HUMMINGBIRD SPOTTING SCOPE AND EQUIPMENTS
Last update on 2020-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
CELESTRON HUMMINGBIRD 9-27x56 REVIEW: FEATURES AND BENEFITS
CELESTRON HUMMINGBIRD 9-27x56 SPECS
|Angular Field of View||4.2° - 1.9°|
|Carrying Case||Padded Woven Nylon|
|Close Focus||9.8 ft|
|Dimensions||8.2" x 5.0" x 2.7"|
|Exit Pupil||6.2mm - 2mm|
|Lens Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Linear Field of View||663 - 297 ft at 1000 Yards|
|Magnification||9 - 27x|
|Objective Lens Diameter||56mm|
|Prism Coatings||Phase Coated|
|Relative Brightness||38 - 4|
|Twilight Factor||22 - 39|
Everyone might have a negative thought about the build quality as the scope is really small and light. Only 8inch long with the eyepiece. The weight of the scope is only 590g. Less than half compared to regular size scopes.
Build quality is impressive and the scope fits inside your pocket. The Celestron Hummingbird is a pocket scope that you can use without a tripod if you want.
By reading the full name you might get the hint that the scope has ED glass. ED means extra-low dispersion. Which means it eliminates the chances of chromatic aberration (CA).
- The lenses are also fully multi-coated. Prism of the Hummingbird is made of BaK-4 glass and coated with phase coating.
- Overall the best coatings you can expect for any optics under 300$. All that in a small package is quite impressive. Props to Celestron for pulling it off.
- The objective lens of the hummingbird is 56mm and provides Linear Field of View at 1000 yards 663-297 feet.
We had no phase shifting or chromatic aberration regarding complains. Not to worry the scope has water resistance.
The included eyepiece for this model is 9-27x. Like we mentioned earlier the scope does not suffer from any kind of phase-shifting or chromatic aberration.
- The 9-27x eyepiece provides great performance.
- The field of view is pretty generous and the close focus of the scope is 9.8 feet.
- The eyepiece provides enough amount of eye relief 15mm.
Did we forget to mention you can add any 1.25inch eyepiece? You heard that correct. You can add any 1.25inch eyepiece you want.
The scope is waterproof so you don’t have to worry about water issues after changing eyepiece. And you can use astronomy eyepieces also if you want.
The scope is in my opinion best spotting scope for digiscoping under 300$. The reasons are –
- It’s affordable.
- The scope is light-weight and small enough to carry inside the pocket.
- You get a free universal mobile smartphone adapter free out of the box.
- It’s a full package for digiscopers and birders.
Honestly, it’s surprising how great of a value the Celestron Hummingbird provides.
The Celestron Hummingbird 9-27x56mm is an interesting spotting scope. It contains a lot of things in the box. A great budget-friendly scope. Easy to use and easy to carry around.
If that’s what you want you won’t find a better scope, not in this price range. It’s smaller than most 50mm scopes and provides more field of view than most 50mm scopes in this range. While still being priced fairly low and competitive.
- It’s a great scope providing great value for money that’s what I am trying to say.
-Be sure to visit us more to find about more spotting scope and rifle scopes.