Flip up scope covers are a blessing for riflescopes. Most scopes don’t tend to come with them as they sell it separately. While buying separately, it’s understandable you would want the best for your rifle.
Some of these flip up covers can be a bit flimsy and hard to use. Finding the right one is a tricky subject but not impossible.
They will protect your lens from unwanted scratches and dust when you are not using the scope. Spending some cash to grab the best would make the most sense.
Let’s find out some Flip up scope covers that are available in the market and can be used on your existing riflescope.
Best Flip Up Scope Covers
- Virtually indestructible, the Defender flip caps are the most versatile and durable on the market, these are the last flip caps you'll ever need. Made in the USA.
- A stainless steel spring flips the Eyepiece into multiple stop positions: vertical, 45 degrees and 90 degrees. The vertical position is for inserting your dope disk in to have easy access to while shooting. Dope disk NOT included.
- The E-10 fits all Vortex Riflescopes EXCEPT the 1-inch tube Viper model VPR-M-01BDC, VPR-M-04BDC and VPR-M-03BDC. Outside diameter: 41.5-46 mm | 1.6-1.8 inches
- Rubberized flip-up rifle scope lens covers that conform tightly around your rifle scope tube, protecting your lenses from dust and abrasion
- IMPORTANT: Sizing is not based on the objective lens size of your scope - a 3-9x40mm scope will not fit with a 40mm sized lens cover. For the correct fitting lens cover, you must physically measure the outside diameter of your scope eyepiece and...
- Each package includes one Rubberized Flip-Up Lens Cover
- Truly ambidextrous, silent spring hinges won't spook game
- Instant action lids pop open at the touch of a thumb
- Performs from- 40 to 120 Degrees F, weighs less than an ounce
- Works with Scopes Built After 2003
- Can be Rotated to Open in Any Direction
- Spring-Loaded for Instant Exposure
- Compatibility: NXS 15x, 22x, 32x, 42x Scopes
- The caliber is the internal size of the cover, also the size is for the external diameter of the scope, before you buy it, you need to measure the diameter of your socpe.
- Material: Rubber.
- Flip-open design.
- Zeiss Flip Cover 30mm for Victory V8/HT
- Designed for the the ZEISS Victory V8 series riflescopes
- Fits 30mm Objective lens
1. Vortex Optics Defender Flip Cap Set
Vortex makes great optics and lenses. Of course, to save their scopes from harm they will make protection devices as well. Vortex Defender flip cap set was made to protect Vortex scopes from harm.
Now a little about the flip caps.
Will they fit Vortex Strike Eagle?
Yes, they will fit Vortex Strike Eagle. They will also fit many other scopes that has objective lens of 31mm or less. You can say, this will fit with any sights or scopes that is made with a 1″ tube.
How many cap set does it come with?
As the product handle indicates, it comes with two sets of cap. That will fit objective lens and eyepiece.
What is the max size Vortex flip cap support?
You would surprised knowing that Vortex flip cap can support up to 56mm objective lens. You need to choose O-56 while buying to receive that.
2. Monstrum Rubberized Flip-Up Rifle Scope Lens Covers
One of the questions that often people asks is, is there any difference between flip up covers vs flip up scope caps?
Well, no. There is no different. Both of them are the same thing just different expression.
Is rubber bad for flip up scope covers?
No, rubber is not a bad material for flip covers at all. In fact, rubber is one of the most preferred material to make flip up lens.
Pop up caps made by rubber usually tends to last much longer than cheap plastic ones.
Will it support my Vortex riflescope?
This set of flip up cap supports up to 62mm of objective lens. I am sure, your scopes objective lens is on the list of Monstrum. If so, then yes, it will support your Vortex.
Is spring loaded flip up caps any good?
Spring loaded flip caps are some of the most durable out there. The spring is sharp and crisp. You won’t hear any spring crunching sound from it. On top of that, it makes the flip up mechanism much smoother and lighter. If you are doing it with a clip instead, there will be added weight that you don’t need.
3. Butler Creek Flip-Open Eyepiece Scope Cover
While this brand wasn’t made by the butler of the Batman. It definitely was made in the right mind. Versatility on this cover is something to long for. From 30mm scope covers to 42mm. This thing can do with an ease.
Will it support my scope?
Honestly, I would be surprised if it didn’t. It supports riflescopes and spotting scopes of different sizes. It also has a switch that can tighten the seal and make the cap not move around. Making your scope a bit more water proof.
Will this melt in high temperature?
That’s actually a solid question for a change. I don’t think so. The maximum temperature it is rated for is 120F. That’s around 49 degrees in Celsius. Even in deserts, it should survive just fine.
4. Leupold Alumina Flip Back Lens Cover
Leupold means class. Even their flip up covers glows from class. This is a universal flip up cover that supports scope made after 2003.
How good is the build quality?
Build quality on alumina is insanely good. As the name suggests, it’s made out of alumina. A common name given to aluminum oxide. It’s a durable and high resistance material.
You can use this on any given weather for years.
Will it support my scope?
Is your scope made after 2003? Is the diameter of your objective lens being 56mm or less? If the answers are yes, then alumina will fit on your scope.
Where is Alumina made in?
Just like any other Leupold devices, Alumina is also made in the USA. You will get in house warranty and a great customer service. You can easily ask for replacements and get them whenever.
5. Nightforce Optics Eyepiece Flip-Up Lens Cap
Unfortunately, if you have different scopes then you are better off skipping on this one. It only supports the mentioned scopes.
Nightforce makes good optics. They also have some night vision optics as well. To support their own devices, they made this eyepiece flip up lens cap.
Is it a set? For both end of the scope?
Unfortunately, no. This is only for the eyepiece of your scope. You will need a different one for your objective lens.
Does it work with rotating eyepiece?
Yes, this is the first Nightforce eyepiece flip up cap that supports rotating eyepiece. All of their previous editions used to interfere with rotating eyepiece Not this one.
Will it support any other scopes?
No, it won’t. You are better off purchasing a universal one from the list.
6. Aimfiree Quick Flip Up Rifle Scope Lens Cover
Don’t worry, I didn’t misspell it. Aimfiree flip up lens cover is another universal lens cover that supports almost any modern scope available on the market. Starting from 30mm, you can go up to 66mm. Doesn’t matter what size your lens is, Aimfiree got you covered.
Is Aimfiree a good brand?
Yes, it’s a good scope accessories manufacturer. I am surprised you haven’t come across them sooner.
What is Aimfiree flip up cap made of?
It’s made out of rubber. There is a stainless-steel spring helping the process of closing and opening the cap. Spring won’t catch rust anytime soon. Don’t worry about that.
7. Zeiss Victory V8/HT Flip-Up Objective Lens Cover
If you are into guns and stuff, you have heard of Zeiss. At least once. It’s one of the most expensive sports optic makers in the world. Their scopes are as good as a scope can get. And as expensive a scope can get. To make their expensive scopes more expensive, Zeiss released an objective lens flip up cover.
What’s so special about it?
Honestly, it’s made by Zeiss. That’s enough to the mass. On top of that, it’s made from the same type of aluminum Zeiss use to make their scopes.
Will it fit the V4 as well?
While this cap is not marketed for the V4, it will support the V4 models with 50mm objective lens. It may as well support other scopes with 50mm objective lens. But don’t quote me on that, you might fail in your expenditure. It will be an expensive fail.
Will it fit Conquest HD5 3-15 x 50?
No, it won’t fit that due to two reason. 1 it’s not officially supported. 2 that’s a 56mm objective lens not 50. For that, you need to buy the cap set with 56mm objective lens.
One thing to keep in mind from this is, scope lens covers and flip up caps are the same thing. These are marketing terms targeting different consumers. No matter which cap covers you take from here, it will protect your lenses from the worse.
Just keep in mind to buy the right version. You might not want to end up with a 60mm one when your scope is 30mm.